Thursday, November 27, 2014

BombayDuck Fish Dry fry/Lote Mach Bhaja

BombayDuck, a very funny name. Bombil in Marathi and Lote in Bengali also called as Bombay Duck fish. There are multiple stories behind this funny name. One of the popular stories is, dried version of this this fish used to transport by Bombay Mail (Bombay Dak). Whatever but I love this fish..soft, tender fish really really tasty. I still remember in childhood, my mother used to prepare this fish with vegetables , borboti (Yard Long beans),potao,onion,brinjal and little bit of mustard paste. Ohh..too Good..I still feel the taste. I never fond of rice taking three times a day  but if my mother prepares Lote fish/bombil then I definitely take rice three times a day and not a joke I can eat a full kadai of this fish. Ohh..yea I a m a big foodie. Once my mother prepared 1 kg crab. Me and one of frieds ate entire 1 kg crab..this is too bad..right! but believe me people who knows me now might not believe all these food stories. Now I believe eating more fruiits,vegetables and saldas..this is how human transforms from one phase to next phase..but every phase teaches you something important in life!
Anyway this time my mother visited Mumbai and she prepared this fish but simple version, without any vegetables. Let me share this simple version..

Ingredients:
1. 5-6 bombil/lote fish. clean and cut into halves.
2. 4 small onions, cut into long thin slices. 1 spoon ginger, 1 spoon garlic
3. 2-3 green chillies, slit those
4. 1 table spoon turmeric powder, 4-5 spoon mustrad oil or refined oil, salt to taste

Method:

1. Just mix everything and keep this mixture in low flame for 10 minutes.

2. Water will come out and change the flame to medium. Water will start drying and it will be a dry thick mixture. Sreve this with hot rice.

1 comment:

  1. Simple recipe, awesome taste! Tried it today and relished it. 👌♥️

    ReplyDelete